Saturday, July 31, 2010

So Real Now


Paige, Kathleen, Caroline

It isn't that my three sons and their families are not the love of my life. They are, and their families, too.

It's about the newness that I feel to have a real life connection with my daughter, and her daughters. And that she has a real life connection with them, too. 

My dearest long time friend has two grand daughters. They are not yet eight years old. But, she has been so happy with their birth and spending time with them as they grow. I have been envious of her blessing  while also being so delighted for her as she has shared her life with them with me.

Perhaps I shall never create real life memories with these three beautiful women who are also my family.  Then again, even a phone call or a facebook posting is more real than it used to be before I was so blessed this year when actually  being in the same place on this earth with Caroline and Paige, and then Kathleen on the phone.

They have all had great lives. For that I am grateful. Now, getting to know them will be as dreams come true  - those everyone lives for in their own way.

There are no expectations about how it all should proceed or turn out. I am, and will continue to be magnificently grateful for the gift of each memory created, whatever its form. I have been so blessed with the revelation of their existence and knowing that they are faring well.

This alone is enough to experience life as complete. I don't believe I would be in this state of being without  being blessed with awareness of that reality which is beyond any of us to explain.

This same beauteous light of the world, also beckons us on to create new memories.

So, let the create great memories journey begin!

p.s. I am also blessed and grateful for meeting a new grandson, Justin, and for my own children being so open to getting to know their newly extended family.

I write these vignettes, not for the final purpose of telling you all about me. I write them to trigger your own similar experiences on the journey through a life time. Your dream may be of a new generation of leadership, or peace on earth, or the end of poverty, I certainly have those dreams.

What are yours? 
What dreams have come true for you?
What's next?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judi, your reflections are so very special. This one in particular of three lovely women. What a joy. Remind me the ages of Paige and Kathleen.

My reading in Sacred Journeys this morning was about Chronos and Kairos. Chronos, she says, "is about the time which changes things, makes them grow older, wears them out and manages to dispose of them, chronologically, forever. ...Thank God, there is kairos, too. Kairos is not measureable. Kairos is ontological. In kairos, we are, we are fully in isness, not negatively,...but fully, wholly, positively." from Madeline L'Engle A Circle of Quie

Thank God for this Kairotic year that you have experienced with your boys, with Caroline and family, and your grandson. Love and care, Lynda

Anonymous said...

So great to hear of the many life pleasures you are experiencing these days – and thanks for finding in words and photos meaningful ways to share and connect with us all.

A big morning hug,

Susan