Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A n Integrative Life Guide

I believe I have everything I need now and can turn my attention toward what I want - strange feeling to not need anytning at all - a relief in many ways. What I want, however, opens up a vast and deep abyss of pure possibility. So much so, I have to take a break right now and take something to the post office - or go to the bank - or check the mail. (3 minutes later)Well, check the mail was a good move. The latest AAP (Association for the Advancement of Psychosynthesis) newsletter was in the box. Right on the front page is the announcement of the 2010 conference, the theme of which is "Creating the World We Want". Reminds me of Piero Ferrucci's What We May Be, a must read if serious about Psychosynthesis.

Some readers may be asking, "What is this Psychosynthesis?" A short course to answer is that is that it is an inclusive image of the Psyche - inclusive of other philosphies, and of being human. At Psyche's center is the Will - or what I want and the process of Psychosynthesis is one of aligning all the parts of my Self to empower the Will. Important in this process is to integrate the presence of the Higher Self into this empowerment.
I did some of my training in an Integrative Therapies, It was a three year program of exploring other approaches to empowering people, in order to integrate the gifts of these approaches into my Psychosynthesis practice. For the most part, I then integrated Psychosynthesis into my work as a Guidance Counselor in the public school system in the USA.

Given that, the question "what do I want?" is not a selfish question, yet it is a question of Self. For me to begin to answer this question can also be expressed as "standing in my vision": My vision for how I will live my life, for where I will live my life, who I will be my colleagues, for what purpose will my life be lived.

What I want - really want - is to channel Spirit as a guide for indiviudals, and groups to integrate Spirit into their livestyles I am creating anew what that means. I recently read a descriptive title for this: Integrative Life Guide. That's it. That's what will carry what I really want into this new phase of life.

How about you? What do you want? What do you really want?

No comments: