Monday, October 26, 2009

The Passion of the Gypsy and the Peace of Shakti

.
One exercise I have found to be healing is to take a moment to open the door to the dark room in the deeps of the unconscious, let one memory come into the moment, walk with that memory personified, described, and archetyped, onto a stage. I let the performance begin, with me in the director's seat. Then I fold back the stage's roof and let the stage flood with light and watch what happens.

In what has been one of the most memorable transformations resulting from this exercise was the emergence of a tumbling twirling frenzied gypsy dancer. Watching the dancer, her colorful skirt and tamborine, was totally exhausting. When I rolled back the roof to let the light pour in, the gypsy became a dancing Shakti. A peaceful saraswati filled the air with its gentle spontaneity.

When is a time that which exhausts you has been transformed? Try this exercise and watch what happens.

No comments: