Friday, April 2, 2010

Back to Beau Bear



Can you guess what Beau Bear is thinking and feeling?

This is Beau Bear. He was born in 1999. That makes him 99 years old. I got him from the humane society, so I don't know his exact birthday, but I would venture to say, from his personality, that he is a Pisces with a Leo moon. I have learned from my relationship with him, how to differentiate between another and my projection on another.

The first lesson learned is to not assume what another is thinking and feeling.

The second lesson learned is I can know what I'm thinking and feeling by observing another and being conscious of what I am interpreting that presence to be.

The third lesson learned is sometimes what I observe in another's  thinking and feeling is aligned  to my own experience. The differences can only be determined by asking questions.

In the case of a cat - Beau Bear, for instance, I can determine what he is thinking and feeling because I have consciously observed him for ten years. He has patterns of response which he exhibits consistenly. They are different than my patterns of response to the same stimuli. I always have to ask myself the questions of differentiation since Beau Bear doesn't talk.

The fourth lesson I have learned is he lives in the moment. He lives each reaction to new experience. We all have heard that cats and dogs are unconditionally loving. Well, they are. This, I do believe, is achieved by living fully in the moment.

I have learned other lessons, but I will say, finally I have learned to communicate with cats by sitting quietly, cat in lap,  visualizing what I want to communicate. Time and again, this is effective. I wouldn't call it "mind control" at all. I become open to receiving images in response. Cats are open to peaceful co-existence.

I learned this skill in Oombulgurri, from the Aboriginal elders. I needed the skill to communicate with snakes then. (In that case, however, asking snakes to share space with you was  more of a physical presencing type of communication experience.)

Here, Beau Bear has his eye on a neighboring tom cat. The porch is eight feet up from the ground, so Beau Bear has a good view of the lawn.

Aren't pets adorable? Do we love them? Oh, yes. they don't feel words or think with words. They think with images and interpret a tone of voice. Its like they can "smell" what to trust and what to avoid, too.

I do believe people have the same type of system. The new brain humans have gets in the way, has been lost in time. Experiment with using your mammalian brain to communicate. What have you discovered?





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Judi for the lessons. Your cat and you are great teachers. And you 2 are so simply!
love
Wanda

Anonymous said...

Judi, I really liked your blog post on this! I am a firm believer in the universal consciousness which includes all living things (past, present and future). Being in-tune with animals is a great gift, as animals don't communicate with words people find other avenues and ways to make that sort of connection. Great stuff, I hope to see more of your writings about this subject! ♥ Christine

Anonymous said...

I watched the Pet Psychic on Easter and she had no trouble understanding what cats say. I don't think they use words either. God sent them here to comfort, entertain and generally make life much better for everyone except mice. I adore all of them.