Friday, January 1, 2010

Bue Moon




December 31st, 2009 -New Year's Eve
Blue Moon
Since December 31, 1999, ten years have passed - placing us one decade into the new millenium. A blue moon on New Year's Eve is unusual. In addition to the blue moon, there was a lunar eclipse in many parts of the world. New Year's Eve is the one common event celebrated by about everyone on earth. With satellite technology, anyone can celebrate, with images, every hour on the hour for the whole 24 hours as the old year ends and the new year begins in a time zone.
My own meaning of a blue moon is that it is a special night. In my life, years of the blue moons have been turning points in my life. They have been times when I began to move headlong into a new vision of my own existence. This blue moon is again, a time when I begin anew.
During this past year, significant people in my life, those I would call mentor, all died. It was a sign to me that I could leave the past and stand present to a life yet to be, unhindered by notions of unfinished business.
A full moon meditation - a blue moon meditation - gave me three insights to carry with me into this yet to be.One is that mindfulness is as simple as intentionally breathing in and breathing out. Another is that nonself -or selfless - is not being empty of all, it is inter-being - one with all - all one - not separate - whole. "I empathize" has a new meaning. The third is that I can transform my energy by inviting the energy present into my life, welcome it, support it, listen to it, and thank it for being my energy - whatever it is. This will transform the energy.

I'm sure there are other insights on the way. These are given to me on this blue moon. With them, I enter 2010. I am ready now for new year's resolutions. to support this life yet to be.

These three insights given to me on this blue moon, are given to me because I need them right now.

When I look deeper at the common message in the three, I understand that I have what I need to get on with it - this new phase in life.

How did I learn to listen to my inner wisdom? What a gift to be given. How do you access your inner wisdom? What is it telling you these days?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judi: Your Blue Moon insights are wonderful! :-)

Anonymous said...

This web site truly has all the information and facts I needed about this subject and didn't know who to ask.