Saturday, September 26, 2015

My Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

the Lake at Marjorie Neal Nelson Park

During my morning mediation, I opened my heart to receiving an answer to a question that has been nagging at me since I saw the movie,the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. The question is two-fold:


Where is my destined Best Exotic Marigold Hotel?
 and 
What do I have to offer its growth and sustainability?

This week, I have been participating virtually, 0n a program called "Hangout",  in an Institute of Cultural Affairs (ICA) archives Sojourn, held in Chicago at what has become to know as "The Greenrise". Once a global centrum for the ICA time has provided its transformation into  a social demonstration of urban environmental responsibility.  As well, it houses offices of  ICA USA.

I began working with one group and ended up working with another. Given the Divine Mystery's  ability to  place people where they are really supposed to be in order to gain information for decisions that are needed soon, I was not surprised that I ended up in a "New Religious Mode" (NRM) group.

This group was looking at this amazing work that the ICA had created in the late 60's and early 70's to determine its applicability to this century and create a new packaging if necessary.

I recently shared this NRM chart with some local colleagues, as a framework for creating questions for a story telling project, - questions that would elicit stories shared from the Heart.  This NRM group was just what I needed to reawaken a deeper resolve to let Soul breathe through Heart Space, releasing a story in the process.

At the end of the week's sojourn, windows of possibility opened in my imagination of all the different ways I could live a life of service again, even as an elder with several limitations.  

As I drifted off to sleep last night after this stimulating, reawakening week, the wide open future was dancing through my dreams.

This morning I listened for an answer and, if nothing else,  I am clear that this small village where I live is  a Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  I have been on the right track with this story telling project and the people in our small group here in Crescent City are like those residents of  the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. We get to discern what's happening here and decide what we can do with what we have and who we are,  to be of service in making it our great place to be alive.

I listened to the wisdom from my heart. I was reminded that I am not about recreating those NRM charts. But, most certainly they are a resource along with a rich history with the ICA globally, which I bring with me,  as I BE a  contribution to Crescent City's  bountiful Spirit.

Where is your own Best Exotic Marigold Hotel?  Who are its residents? 

No comments: