Friday, June 18, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

My daughter, Caroline, sent me this photo of a lily that popped up in her garden this year. She related that she never knows what else will grow, along with the expected blooms.

What a marvelous mirror of life's journey itself.

We plant, feed, water, sow, but always more shows up. How fortunate when the unexpected shows up as a beautiful lily, such as this.

Or is it just my daughter and I who have this experience? Most of the blooms in my garden grew when something else was planted, too. Her garden and mine have given birth to unexpected beauty to behold as wonder.

Such miracles are unprecedented joy.

On this life's journey,when has infathomable joy appeared in your garden?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your writings! ♥ Laughter is life's medicine - the only natural "cure all" - no matter how serious things get there is always room for comic relief. Oh... and I love the pictures!Christine Barber

Anonymous said...

When my grandchildren give me a big hug and I know they really love me. Dot