Sunday, May 16, 2010

Russ


First came Rob, then thirteen months later - Russ, and six minutes after that - Randy. Yes, Russ is an identical twin.  Russ and Randy look exactly alike. And that's where it ends.  Their personalities are differrent. Both are  loving and caring men, are independant thinkers, and able to give themselves fully to their work.

Russ has a connection to Soul as a free Spirit. I wasn't a good mother who developed for my children the discipline to master an instrument, per se, so I can take little or no responsibility for Russ's ability to express himself musically. When he decided to learn how to play the guitar. he was about 30. He'd play the same chords over and over. Eventually, I could feel the sponteneity in his playing. Then, he began practicing in his car with the doors and windows closed. He was getting very good at playing the guitar. I suspect it made him feel self-conscious, to be playing music that came from such a brilliant source,  but don't know for sure becaue I never asked him. He was almost obsessive about mastering that guitar's mysteries. And he got to be a masterful musician as a result. When he plays, the music comes from that special place only few are able to access so deeply. It is that place where the listener feels one with Spirit.

Russ owns a house in Floida which was recently robbed of all appliances and his rare guitar collection. He was in the process of stuffing the experience into oblivion, about to go on with his life, "like a man". should. But, when he acknowledge the betrayal  and indignation he was feeling, I could see his face relax and feel the peace he experienced by embracing the experience and THEN letting it go.

What a great gift is being so connected with the music which comes from that special creative source - the gift of all gifts. Every person can connect with that mystery of music, art, and dance of the drama of the great "Yes" to life's experiences. Russ is blessed with having mastered being able to access the music of the Soul. Those who listen, are inspired by his music.

When I want to connect with that deep and special creative source, I find a CD which is so inspiring. It accompanies me during meditation times.  If I have no access at the moment, I use my voice - a song or a mantra. How do you access this place in your Soul?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks very nice-well done - nice photos-you are a good writer as well-
I look forward to reading it all
hugs Cass

Anonymous said...

Hey, I must talk to you about your blog. I really like it. Thank you for sending it. Love you.Lori

Anonymous said...

Ive heard him play - he is very special.

gladgutt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gladgutt said...

Love it! Kindles love in me. What more could one wish for? :-)

gladgutt said...

Love it. Kindles love in me. What more could you wish than opening your readers' hearts? :-)

gladgutt said...

Love it. Kindles love in me. What more could you wish than opening your readers' hearts? :-)