Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Moon


New Moon Dreaming
always of You
New Moon Dreaming
Never Comes True
Forever is gone now.
Forever is gone.

This is the beginning of a song I was writing about  the time the four hurricanes were having their way with Florida and where they traveled to before and after their visit here. The chords were an A minor and an Eminor and another minor at "forever". LIfe was a roller coaster ride for several years and those hurricanes were top of the ride. Life is more of an ambling path these days, a refreshing change.

Now, if there is an underlying sense of being alone, it is definitely to be found on the internet. Games played, gifts sent back and forth, crops harvested, points made, levels reached. It is a cyber interaction with neighbors of the game and that's it. Whatever I make of it, I made of it, and it has nothing to do with the growth and bonding of friendship at all. I have enjoyed all of the posts from new friends and friends of yore. In fact, with many, the posts have been encounters with great experiences of art or calls for social action. Again, what I make of it is what it is.

This blog, I have decided, is me writing my life for myself. If another reads it, I am grateful that words that I intended to write from my heart, have reached another to experience. I am grateful to be able to know what is happening in the news directly from where the news is happening. Right now, I want, in the worst way,  to hop on a plane and go to Haiti for crisis intervention care of the caretakers there. Yet, here I am, sending healing light and blessings as a constant vigil.

There are gifts to being so totally alone. I am getting a lot of writing done. But, there is community, too. It is the "forever" that needs to be recovered at this time. I long for the sense of community to be more than a cyberspace phenomena or an annual conference.

As I drum under the new moon, having been invited to attend a drumming that is occurring in a community who are actually gathered, I feel community. Yet, here I am alone, however connected.

Is the time right for real community to resurge for me? What would be a global demonstration of its value?
Where do I begin?

facebook.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judi, Great stuff! I recall sitting with someone years ago who was going thru the AA program, and he was having a challenging day, and he said something about feeling "so apart".

And I asked him "A part of what?" and I smiled. His face brightened, his smile grew, and in a few seconds he burst out laughing - eventually shaking with laughter and relief. He told me a few weeks later what a profound insight that had led to for him.

Likewise the word "alone" and the phrase "all One"....... See More

Speaking of dance, you may enjoy this post at The Now Exspirientuality blog, written by a caretaker of disabled children...

http://www.thenowexspirientuality.net/speak/?p=141

Enjoy the day!!

Greg and Alice

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your writing. It is good! and a reminder to me to get back to writing.
Phyllis