Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Healing

Beau Bear and Bo Ceefus are two old himalayan long haired seal points.  Bo was a feral sort retreived from the woods. Beau came from the animal shelter, coming with telltale signs of having been spoiled. They used to spend their days in a very rural area and their nights in the garage or in the house.

 Nowadays they live in a small town where cars, trucks, and motorcycles  and new buildings going up, all interfer with their sense of safety and interrupt their daytime sleep. At night, they have to hide from the possum and racoon.  As a result, Bo sleeps in the boat when the days are cool and in the ferns when it's hot. Beau spends most of his day in the. At night they'll stay on the railing or go find a boat to hide out in.  Bo knows how to avoid danger and how to keep himself clean.  Beau doesn't. As a result he has a notch in his ear, a scar across his face, and a cronic rash. I used to give him a full bath weekly and take him to the vet for shots. I gave up on that because it didn't cure the problem. Nor would not agree to being an inside cat.

Frustrated by my conflicting feelings about how to care for this hopeless pile of white fur whose face looks like a bear, I began to talk to him. Turned out to be a most productive passing of the time. I had read a book once about psychic communication with animals. Recalling it, I "talked" by visualizing what I wanted Beau to be doing. I visualized his healthy body and safe and clean places he could sleep.  I also fed them both tuna fish and shrimp for a few days so they both would want to be around me. (Let's face it! What cat in his right mind would want to come near someone who was going to give him a water bath!!)

As Beau Bear began to feel it was safe to sit in my lap again, without getting carried off to the tub of suds, he'd jump up into my lap for a sit and a purr. So,  I began to use my hands to send him healing energ.  Now,while Beau Bear is sitting in my lap, I mindfully pet him with the intent of sending healing energy. I mindfully visualize calm, safe, clean, healthy ways for my cat to feel safe.  And, I will just mention that  I keep on feeding them tuna fish and shrimp!

I believe my Beau Bear is improving and Bo Bear, the feral one, loves to sit on my lap as well. He, I believe picks up on the purr-time energy of Beau. In fact, like the old days in the country, we did occasionally pile up and purr on the porch at night.

Of course, it might be the tuna and shrimp. But, I prefer to look at it this way. What cat who knows where its at would pass up some hands on healing and some good conversation?



The three old men on the porch!

How do you practice mindful healing? -or-  How do you pet a cat?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack swears when Jolie blinks, she is telling him that she loves him. Whether or not that's true, I know she does. We certainly love her. The angels sent her to make the loss of our precious Ivory a little bit easier.