Thursday, May 25, 2017

Scenarios for a Foundational Change


Like a bush of flower buds ready to blossom, Psyche is continually healing. Sometimes, we are unaware of this natural process and continue rehearsing the conversations we wish we had or the actions we would have taken if we had it to do over again. Anger and hurt prevail at the injustice of outcomes not being fair. 

Suffering with grief can be overwhelming.  As truth would have it, becoming aware of healing  already in process is the nourishment needed for new possibilities for a  life already  forever changed. 

I have been determined to leave the past behind. It is what it is. I gave myself a year to remember as the days were marked by the joyful times and the challenges, the holidays and celebrations, the new adventures and the reckoning with death, the compromises and the unresolvable. 

I promised myself to make no major decisions during the year and gave myself permission to feel what I was feeling when I was feeling it, to embrace it all, and let it go.  I did this faithfully.

Psyche has been busy, in the meantime, creating and storing images for me to explore now that I turn toward the future. One night this last week, I dreamed I had moved into a new home with refinished hardwood floors and adobe tiles  (my #1 preference in flooring). I brought with me the assortment of rugs I now use. I was spending a relaxed afternoon, arranging these rugs, trying out different ways to do so.  There were some red oriental rugs in the assortment - which I do not have and would never choose to have in my home. Nevertheless, I was trying to include them in the arrangement and was getting frustrated.  

Quickly, the dream turned to a set of floor to ceiling windows overlooking a river across a grassy field. The sun was brilliantly setting into the shore on the other side. Gratitude filled my Soul for having found such a beautiful place. 

Awakening I laid there, as I often do, reflecting on the  thoughts or dream lingering in my conscious awareness.  The dream was really easy to interpret. To ease the stubborn frustration of the red rugs, I imagined rolling them up and putting them outside the house. The floors were ready for furnishings, the first of which will be a place to contemplate the setting sun in front of the floor to ceiling windows..

I do have faith that by  intention and  opening to synchronicity, this transformation can be a happy one. I was meditating by my butterfly garden of several butterfly friendly plants. Although convinced the whole project was a failure since the milkweed has no cocoons, in the same moment, I spotted four other types of butterflies flitting around the garden.

This was a reminder that Psyche will listen. When she receives intention she continues creating scenarios for me to dream into being.  

Become quiet, let go of your thoughts and follow your breathing in and out. Let Psyche communicate with you. What are the scenarios she is presenting for your consideration?  Nothing happened? You will dream on it, I promise you. This is the way she loves, nourishes and heals your Soul.


No comments: