Friday, March 10, 2017

Willing the "Yes" Is Responsibility Accepted

I believe this is someone else's pic - closest I can come to credits


During this past year, my greatest struggle has been to take responsibility, as the victim, for the pain and the injustice involved in the cycle of events which has left me alone in the desert, metaphorically speaking.

 During this season,  my  historical  Christianity roots tells the story of the temptation to escape the inevitable by sacrificing the truth.

 The present national political situation is nearly a mirror of my own life experiences during this  past year.  As has been the case with my own situation, I have also struggled with arriving at a place of unconditional positive regard for the leader of this nation.  How can I forgive, let go of,  a highly organized, systematic, marketing campaign, designed to manipulate the course of events through big bold lies and brutal alienation?" - (let alone completely accept the results)

 Yes, I see my  own experience of this last year mirrored in the present political upheaval. At the same time, I am asking  myself,"Where is my responsibility for these totally unexpected outcomes?"

In this process of accepting responsibility, I consider the following:

1.   I am not going to change either side of this mirror of the past no matter what.  It is what it is here and now. At the same time, there is always available a new sunrise every day.

2.   The scars which are forming from a deeply penetrating wounding,  indicate healing is occurring. It may take years and a multitude of antidotes,  plastic surgery and even esoteric healing techniques. Or it night resolve itself very soon.

3.  The traumatizing events which led to the outcome have no power over me. Letting them determine my thoughts, emotions, and reactions is a waste of energy.  I will not nourish this drama with my attention.

4.   I will not deny destiny. I don a robe of peace, embroidered with love and understanding. It is not comfortable. This robe is the Will to to say, "Yes!" to the way life is, responsible for how I contribute to the whole and its healing power.

5.   I take responsibility for having underestimated the danger, assuming all would work out for the best without making an effort to define "the best". I have always preferred freezing to fight or flight.  I did not take time to disidentify from my own pain and need for support in order to listen and observe critically.

6.   Even avoiding red flags was a great opportunity to deny the probability of the inevitable effects of the manic onslaught onto a bright future.

The truth exists only in unconditional positive regard for the really real, not in negative perspectives, including psychological analysis of personality disorders. While confrontation was needed, it did not  inspire a nation to unify. Instead we are separate, isolated, and this is sustained with lies.  Love, empathy and understanding, even basic care has been upstaged by a clear intent to go back to the way things used to be a long time ago. You have to wonder if it was really all that great, given the present havoc the past has shaped the character of the present.

Now, responsibility for the whole thing means to acknowledge who I am, who we are, let go, accept the call to heal, and dance the great, "Yes," all the way to the final breath.

That final breath is an exhale, accompanied by a deep sigh. A refreshing emptiness remains.

What happens after a long silence in this emptiness is a new beginning. There is plenty of time for this new beginning to unfold. this is a healing process.

Are you willing to exhale that last breath with a sigh of release, dwell in the silent emptiness and let the new beginning unfold, insight by insight?

No comments: