Friday, August 1, 2014

And a Very Old Soul Is She

Don't recall if I took this one or someone else - using it anyway.


Now I am seventy years old. My experience of this reality is one of relief. Finally I can acknowledge that I am an elder in the family and in society. Perhaps I will wait until eighty to become a crone, but maidenhood and motherhood have grown, bloomed, withered, and returned to seed. 

I no longer have to produce anything.
I no longer have to behave "appropriately.
I no longer have to be somewhere on time.
I no longer have to physically present myself in fashion suitable to the social setting.
I no longer have to be other than that which I am and always have been.

This, of course, is true for anyone at any age, but these occur to me now in a powerful way at seventy years old.

I will state for the annals what I have learned about myself, with the intent of now and forevermore being just that with "tidings of comfort and joy".

At heart, I am a solitary journer through this incarnation.

I exist and am One with the Divine Mystery of Life.

I am open to and embrace change, an inevitable reality.

I have a global concrete way of experiencing life, seeing the big picture first .

My social skills suffer in a group life environment, socially and as a worker.

I make decisions based on my intuition, creating meaning and purpose for them later.

I manifest my own life from the dreams I have created.

I am accepting of others ways, and unconditionally forgiving.

I am hypersensitive in many ways, psychic in others.

I am dedicated to alleviating human suffering through a community renewal approach.

Most of all I know I have not been all these qualities with great frequency,
 but intend to honor them as my life and let them exist freely more and more each day.

I expect to be spending my birthday alone. There will be no great surprise party with hundreds of people, delicious gourmet food, and millions of presents, including an account of a life gloriously lived.  But, this year, being alone is perfectly all right. In fact, it makes perfect sense, is a solid foundation for dancing into this elder phase of life. I am now really an old soul and will feel old with joy in my heart.

What have you learned about having lived your life? Are you ready to embrace who you are and dance? 

To do so is a healing exercise in trust.
















No comments: