Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Channeling

Early in my life's time, I was drawn to what I have since come to know as "channeling". 

I loved movies like  Topper and Night of the Living Dead.  Fascinated with seance scenes in movies, I even tried  holding them with a few with friends. We did have some delightfully scary experiences. I'd become totally rapt watching my mother and aunt  make a ouija board sing with messages from spirits.

When I wanted to learn a skill or reach a goal, I would call on the spirits to assist. I didn't see anyone out of my eyes,  or in an audible voice, hear anyone.  I felt a presence which, when I closed my eyes, I could imagine. The voice which spoke was silent and came from within me and was silent, yet succinct. Interactions with this "channeling" were creative, colorful, and full of life.

By the time I was a teenager, I had forgotten all about that world of spirits.

Later, I was drawn back to this dynamic when introduced to the work of Edgar Cayce and Alice Bailey, among the most famous channelers. I read everything I could find by them. then, recalling my childhood experiences, I was convinced there was something organically real about this channeling dynamic. I  read  books by about fifty channelers, including participating in the famous Course in Miracles.

When I write or paint, the product always comes from being present in another state of being, an energy which I  have come to believe is the same experience. I also have concluded that each has a very unique, yet very similar way of experiencing channeling.  Many, if not all, creative artists, musicians, writers, etc. source their work from this "other-than-the-ordinary-me" world.

I envy psychics, mediums,  and other professed channelers their well developed abilities to access this source and let it flow from them so easily.  Yet, I can do a memorable tarot card reading on myself, now and then and again.

I prefer to describe this other world and its inhabitants as metaphorical creative processing. It is other than intuition, but not totally disrelated. My own imagination comes alive with images of a channeling entity. This is a place of wisdom accessible to every single human being in one form or another. It is a reality upon "whose" shoulders we stand to create the many faces of the future. It is that dynamic without which there is no new growth and development.

How exciting when someone or a group accesses this metaphorically enlivened creative processing into its becoming a new expression to which anyone who encounters it can relate - a new insight, a new song, a new paradigm, a new operating pattern, a new opportunity to feel love and be loved by Being itself.

Experiencing this life dynamic metaphorically is very real. We have all experienced this at one time or another. What has been your experience? Do you value this type of creative processing? Why or why not?

12 comments:

Targeting Pro said...

Amazing post - I really enjoyed reading this!

Anonymous said...

One thing about which we could talk is that Alice Bailey was adamant about
NOT channeling. She considered that lower psychism. She felt in mental rapport
with DK. In this way she was linked with him on the higher planes. Most channeling is
from the astral - emotional plane. The higher intuition, maybe higher psychism
comes from the Buddhic plane....the one above/next to the Transpersonal or
Soul plane. Anyway that's her take:) It's pretty much my point of view too though.

So when I seek guidance, my aim is to reach higher than the trans mediums,
psychics, channelers as usually perceived.

In Light and Love, Hedi

Anonymous said...

I think you may want to add a twitter icon to your website. Just marked down the article, but I had to complete this by hand. Simply my $.02 :)

Anonymous said...

Joseph Campbell said...
"Mythology is composed by poets out of their insights and realizations. Mythologies are not invented; they are found. You can no more tell us what your dream is going to be tonight than we can invent a myth. Myths come from the mystical region of essential experience."

Anonymous said...

Chanelling? May I ask whom, what, whence, where and whither? And why now? :-)))))
Per Jarle Dyrud

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my comment above may appear somewhat flippant - and, yes, I ought to have read your blog first, not afterwards. - I loved your post. I still go back to the question(s) in previous posting though: who/what is being "channelled"? What' s the role of the Self? Per Jarle

Anonymous said...

Channeling could be viewed as interaction with a sub=personality. Many have personified the Higher Self and it could be considered as interaction with that energy.Putting on those PS glasses to view this dyanmic. is most intriguing. Hedi commented that Alice Bailey was adamant that she didn't channel. She met her source and dialogued on a different astral plane. I contend that metaphor is a face of a reality. Judi

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by Heidi's comment, Judi, as I've never heard that stated before. :-) I'm utterly in agreement and content with your assertion that putting one's PS glasses on in this context is most fascinating! :-) Per Jarle

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy, it appears that you are very much fascinated with the occult world. It may appear exciting and being drawn in inch by inch. The dark forces of the world are real, are "powers" and "principalities." A third of the angels were cast ...out of heaven and are in the world luring people to be part of their dark world. One should not miss eternity with Almighty Father Just because of temporary gains or Chris Foya
April 24, 2011 9:36 AM

Anonymous said...

Because it is very real, I wanted to know all about it. Fascinated? Into it? No. Concerned that people take it literally, as would a schizophrenic, without the understanding of metaphor. Judi

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi, My sister is a big Edgar Cayce fan. She attends lots of his events at the Virginia Beach Center. I read a book by Casey when I was a young mother which made sense. Then I read The Cross and Switchblade where Gideon or someone put out fleeces to see what God's answer would be to certain situation. After we attended RS-I and felt called to leave our job and home and go to Chicago, I decided to "put out a fleece" to see if it really was God's will to go. My fleece was if the house should sell quickly, we were to go. If it didn't, we were not meant to go. We put an ad in the paper on Sunday and had a call that evening. The house was sold in two days.

Creatively, I feel that the "muse" is a form of channeling that you speak of. Thank you for your sharing which sparks my thinking.Lynda

Anonymous said...

WOW! I always wonder about sharing this kind of work with others, if they will think we're too far out in woo woo land. I love that you take chances, and speak truth!!
Will try to call tomorrow....life has been FULL!
Shamai